Lumbering is one of the most widely used materials in the world. Its use is in a variety of fields due to its natural look.
Wood is also particularly popular as lumber. The term lumber is wood, which acts as a building material in the construction of houses and other buildings. The good characteristics of timber include:
- Low density combined with high stability
- Good processability
- High longevity
- Good carrying capacity
Lumber Divided Into Three Categories
The special feature of solid wood is that it was not mechanically or chemically modified. But at the most processed by drilling, milling, and other techniques. The category solid wood includes both construction timber and construction timber. The latter produced by sawing and includes wood species such as structural wood, squared timber, beams, slats. Baurundholz, on the other hand, refers to tree trunks and tree sections that have been truncated or round peeled. It now serves as posts or supports. In other words, building lumber is often used in hydraulic engineering and for wooden playground equipment.
GLUED LAMINATED TIMBER:
Glued laminated timber consists of at least three layers of board glued together. Due to this (mechanical and mechanical-chemical) processing, this wood form obtains a higher strength and can be used in areas with larger dimensions, which have high static stress.
Types Of Wood
Lumber is named differently depending on how the logs have been processed or split:
- All wood is edged and uses the full cross-section. Therefore it is mainly used as a beam or strong squared timber.
- Semi-wood is separated into two parts and is used as beams, planks or squared timber.
- Cross wood or quarter wood is the standard in carpentry and is the minimum requirement for carpentry.
There are different types of lumber. Lumber consists of different woods, each type of wood has its advantages and disadvantages. American hardwoods such as maple, ash or European hardwoods such as oak and birch are stocked by selected traders.
The further processing of lumbering depends on its intended use. Usage of sawn timber are:
- Furniture component
- export product
- In general, there are two types of cut wood: While softwood lumbers are mainly used as timbers, hardwood lumber is mainly used in interior design as well as furniture wood.
- The versatile use of sawn wood is a point to consider for businessmen. Therefore depending on the type of wood and its treatment, sawn timber can be used either for filigree constructions or even railway sleepers.
- For interior work, sawn timber can be used for the construction of trusses, skeleton constructions. Therefore it is also needed for cladding walls and ceilings. Moreover, it is becoming popular to process sawn timber into an appealing floor covering. After that, it is often used for balconies, windows, doors, and gates.
- In other words as a furniture wood, it is often used as so-called blind wood. Moreover, it can be visually to see depending on the taste. In other words to emphasize the rustic character of a room by good furniture.